Catching Sea Worm and Snorkeling on Seger Beach
When you are visiting Kuta Beach, make sure to allocate your time to go to Seger Beach. The beach is located only about 2km from the East of Kuta Beach. Since the location is near with Kuta, make sure to take a visit it also. This beach is in the same coastline with Kuta Beach. Not only serve us a great beach view, but also the stunning underwater life. Just like in other beaches, the common activities that you can do in Seger Beach are swimming, surfing, sunbathing and definitely watching the sunset.
If you love snorkeling or swimming, then Seger Beach is an ideal place. Each part of the beach is perfect for the calm water sport, there is one favorite part of the beach for snorkeling. You can also find the best place for surfing with excellent and quite challenging wave intensity, just like the waves we can find in Kuta Beach. It is said that many tourists prefer to have snorkeling and Lombok surfing in Seger Beach than Kuta Beach due to the wave and view.
Finding Seger Beach is an easy thing, the route is simple and the location is not hidden. You just need to go about 200 meters to the East and follow the sign when you have reached the first intersection. When you hit the intersection, turn left and about 1km from there, you will find Seger Beach. The easiest way to reach Seger Beach is by using a motorcycle service from Kuta Beach to Seger Beach by paying about IDR 10.000 to IDR 20.000.
On certain months, usually February to March, you can watch Bau Nyale ceremony or catching the sea worm in Kuta Beach and Seger Beach. This ceremony done annualy and it is signed with the appearance of sea worm or nyale, which is believed to be the incarnation of Princess Mandalika. Not only can you watch and catch Nyale, but also taste some foods from Nyale. Some local Lombok people said that Nyale is tasty. Therefore, don’t ever miss this chance because Nyale can only be found in Lombok island.
Also mentioned: seger beach lombok, about seger beach, seger beach is, seger beach, segar beach lombok.
- If you do not intend to stay in hotel or resort around Kuta or Seger Beach, please back home before 06:00 pm for your safety.
- Always bring sun block to prevent sunburn, and a hat to cover your head.
- If you want to visit Seger beach for surfing, do it in July-August. At that time, the waves were in ideal conditions for surfing.
Additional Information and Map
- Location: Kuta Beach, Pujut sub-district, Cental Lombok Regency
- Admission: free
- Best time to visit: Early in the morning for snorkeling or surfing. If you lodge at hotel around Kuta or Seger beach you can stay until afternoon to watch the sunset.
- Public Facilities: Cafeteria and parking lot
- Nearest Hotel or Resort: