To Taste The Sweet Of Jeruk Manis Waterfall
Jeruk manis ( jeruk means orange, manis means sweet in Indonesian) waterfall is a heaven for nature lovers. The clear water, the cool air and the green panorama make it worth it to be called as a sweet place.
Jeruk manis waterfall flows in a narrow valley which becomes a part of Mount Rinjani National Park. The waterfall is about 30 m high, flowing to a narrow river and rocky place. The waterfall was discovered by a local people named Pak Muis in 1983. After it being well managed, the waterfall nowadays is largely visited by domestic and foreign visitors.
To enjoy the beauty and to feel the clean and cool water, you have to buy entrance ticket. But you have to walk 1,5 km from the ticket place to reach the waterfall. This will take 15 minutes.
on the way to reach the waterfall you will see a path made from flat stones and about 180 stairs which is not too sloping. Along the way you will find many fern plants, wild flowers, and many durian trees, lemuru ( Ficus sp), liuh-liluh (Lixoura sp), bajur (Pterospernum javanicum), and randu (Ceiba pertandra). Beside plants, you will also able to enjoy some animals such as monkey and deer.
If you feel tire of walking, you can take a rest at berugak / gazebo nearby the path. There are three gazebo that you can visit. But it’s better if you can hold on till you get to the gazebo near the waterfall. From this gazebo you will be able to see the protected forest view which spread out like a green carpet.
The fresh of your soul and body will soon you get in this waterfall and it will erase all your exhaust feeling. You have to take along trip indeed from Mataram city.this waterfall is 50 km from Mataram city and it take 2 hours by personal car/ motorbike. The route you have to take is Mataram-Cakranegara-Narmada-Sedau-Mantang-Kopang Terara-Sikur-Masbagik-Kembang Kuniing village.
You can also reach it using public transportation. From Mataram Lombok you can take yellow transportation with route Mataram-Bertais with cost IDR 3,000/ person, and from Bertais you have to continue by city transportation with route Bertais-Masbagik with cost IDR 10,000/person. Finally, you have to take motor taxi to reach the waterfall area.
If you have enough time, it will be efficient if you arrange it with visit to Tetebatu village, because two of them are quite near.
- Bring enough cash money. The ATM location is quite far from the waterfall area.
- Don’t take/disturb any plant or animal from this place.
- Don’t bring things that can cause pollution.
- Use comfortable and non slippery footwear.
- Use mosquito repellent if you can’t stand to the insect bites before entering the waterfall area.
- Avoid visiting the place on rainy season, because it will be slippery.
Additional Information and Map
- Location: Wisata Jeruk Manis Street, at Kembang Kuning village east Lombok district.
- Admission: IDR 20,000/ foreign visitor, IDR 2,500/domestic visitor.
- Best time to visit: opens at 08.00-17.00 WITA
- Public Facilities: accommodation, restaurant, toilet, parking area, camping area and berugak.
- Nearest Hotel or Resort: Verve Villas Resort & Spa, eXQisit Luxury Villa Lombok