Gili Trawangan is one of the most popular Gili or islands in Lombok. Not only is the island served stunning beach and great nature, but also nightlife. From early in the morning to later afternoon, we can enjoy various outdoor activities and tan your skin on the beach and at night, we can join some beach parties.
Lombok island is a small island in Indonesia, but the island itself is surrounded by other smaller islands called Gili, and Gili Trawangan is the favorite one. Some other Gili islands lombok are Gili Meno and Gili Air. Most of the tourists that visit Gili Trawangan are international tourists, so there are so many great attractions that are adjusted by international tourists’ needs. Gili Trawangan is also the smallest island in the world that has an Ireland bar. The island is as small as 3 km stretching from north to south and 2 km from west to east. No fuel-powered vehicles are allowed in the area, so we can take cidomo (traditional carriage in Lombok island) and bike.
The south east side of Gili Trawangan is having magnificent Lombok beach with soft white sand. On the other side, the west side of this island is more tranquil. It is so perfect for tanning or even yoga because the area is very silent and peaceful. The beach in west side is also white, but is a little bit rougher when compared to the sand on east side because it is mixes with coral fragments.
Various activities can be done on the beaches and if we want to explore this Gili islands lombok, we are recommended to rent a bike. It only takes an hour to explore all parts of Gili Trawangan. If we love nightlife, then there are so many cafes in Gili Trawangan. Beach party is one thing that we should not miss. Unlike the beach party or event in Kuta, Bali that holds the events all together, in Gili Trawangan, there is a scheduling for all events, so we won’t miss all great events.
There are several ways to reach from Lombok to gili Trawangan like using a boat from the Bangsal port that is located about 42 km from Mataram Lombok to Gili Trawangan, The port can be reached about an hour from Mataram in Lombok Indonesia. If you are using a car or motorcycle, you have to leave them in the port. If we are staying at five-star hotel in Gili Trawangan, the hotel is usually serving speedboat to take you from Lombok to Gili Trawangan.
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear, recommended to use shorts.
- If you does not intend to stay in Gili Trawangan, please go to Gili Trawangan at the morning and return to the Lombok island before 05:00 pm.
- When you are not using a private car, it is better if you are using taxi to and from the Bangsal terminal. Then, you can walk from the Bangsal terminal to the Bangsal port, it is only 500 meters away.
- If you have a big budget, it is better if you books a five-star hotel ini Gili Trawangan, they will provide you an exclusive boat from Lombok island (usually from Nara bay) to Gili Trawangan.
- When using a private car, please use a driver so he can stay at Bangsal terminal to guard the car.
- If you intend to stay in a cheap hotel, ask the clerk whether they using fresh water or sea water for bath purpose.
- While in Gili Trawangan, you should rent a bicycle if you want to enjoy more freely around the island.
Additional Information and Map
- Location: Gili Indah village, Pemenang sub-district, North Lombok regency
- Admission: Free
- Best time to visit: Morning
- Public Facilities: Parking lot (at Bangsal terminal), ATM, hotel, restaurant, cidomo (traditional carriage) service, bicycle rental (IDR 35,000 per day), snorkeling equipment rental
- Other Services: At Gili Trawangan you can rent bicycle for IDR 35,000 per day at Cidomo service (IDR 40,000-125,000; depending on the distance). You can also rent boat from Senggigi beach, the cost is around IDR 350,000-400,000. ( USD 1 equal to around IDR 9,000).
- Nearest Hotel or Resort: