The Beauty of Belongas Bay
If you want to enjoy the beauty nature of a bay in lombok island, come and visit Belongas bay (or sometimes written as “Blongas bay” or “teluk Belongas” in Bahasa). This bay is suitable for you who like adventurous things, because it laid in quite remote area. But once you step into the beach, it will take your breath away.
In the south beach of Lombok island, hide a beautiful bay like a high-class painting, called Belongas bay. This bay is laid between small hills and quite far to be reached. The road to get here is also twisting, and you need for about 15 minutes down the steep hill to get into this bay’s beach.
As a place for tourism, this bay serves a magnificent beauty. The beach along Belongas bay is not completely has soft and white sand but the waves are calm and the water is clear. Along the this lombok beach there are small hills where you may use it as place to relax under the palm trees, and there is also building for worker to rest and to keep working equipments.
Diving Lombok – Like on Seger beach, Visitors who came here usually is for diving. Most of peoples that comes here are professional diver, because the lower waves in this bay is quite strong. There are many colorful fishes and coral reef which make wonderful scenery down the sea. But if you’re not a professional diver, you can do other activities such as snorkeling. You can also do soft tracking in small hills which surround the place.
In Belongas bay, you can also watch the Lombok pearl cultivation. It is said that this bay is one of the centre of Lombok pearl cultivations. The product mainly exported to Japan. If you like sea fishing, wait till afternoon or evening. Every afternoon, this bay is crowded by fishing fishermen, and you can join them.
Belongas bay located around 50 km from Mataram city. To reach it, needs 3 hours from Mataram city by personal vehicle. You can take route of Mataram-Cakranegara-Banyumulek-Gerung-Lembar-Sekotong Tengah-Belongas. With public transportation, you will have the same route but reach Sekotong only. Public transportation which can serve you is the one with Mataram-Cakranegara route (IDR 3,000) Cakranegara-Gerung (IDR 5,000) Gerung -Sekotong Tengah (IDR 6,000). From this spot, motor taxi is the best choice with IDR 30,000, because public transportation from this place to Belongas is not available every day.
Because it far from other tourism object, the visit to Belongas bay cannot be arranged with visit to other tourism places. That is why no need to rush to leave the bay. You don’t need to worry if you will starve in Belongas bay, because many food stalls you can find along the way to Belongas bay or around Buwun mas village. You can also find hotels and some lombok lodge which located in Sepi bay with 5 minutes by boat from this area.
- If you use personal car or motorbike, park it in local people’s houses, because though the parking area is available but the road to Belongas bay is quite steep.
- If you’d like to see pearl cultivation, come at working days.
- Use your sun glass, sun block, and hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- If you don’t plan to stay in, leave it before the sunset
- If you want to take boat, you have to rent it since there isn’t any passengers boat who across everyday.
Additional Information and Map
- Location: Belongas village, Central Lombok regency
- Admission: free
- Best time to visit: 08.00 am until 05.00pm
- Public Facilities: public toilet, food stalls, hotel, and parking area
- Other Services: Boat rental, IDR 100,000 for max 5 persons, for one shuttle from Sepi bay
- Nearest Hotel or Resort: Cocotinos Hotel Sekotong Lombok (at Sekotong area), Kuta Indah Hotel (at Kuta beach area)